At The Center, education and training are a key part of our mission. We strive to provide innovative educational and training opportunities to benefit parents, grandparents, caregivers, and professionals impacted by neurodevelopmental disorders, including Autism Spectrum Disorder.
The education and training classes The Center offers have given my family the resources we need to better understand Autism Spectrum Disorder” – Jennifer
We provide individualized, high-quality training to families, caregivers, community providers, and professionals who have or work with individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD), and other neurodevelopmental disorders. Our educational training team provides the support families and educators need to help every person reach their greatest potential.
Online (Zoom) Parent Trainings
We have a number of community programs available to help increase awareness and training about autism and other neurodevelopmental disorders. You do not need to have a child or be a patient of The Center to attend any of the following classes.
To support social distancing mandates and the health and well-being of our patients and their families, we have transformed some of our most popular education and training workshops to an online format using Zoom. Zoom is a FREE app that you can download on your compatible smart phone, laptop, tablet or computer using WiFi. We have provided a guide for those of you who are not familiar with Zoom and online services.
For further assistance on how to set up Zoom or help on how to join a meeting, please visit the Zoom support page.
Please join us online using Zoom for the classes list below:
Workshops Supporting African American/Black Families
English Language Parent Education Workshops
Talleres de Educación Para Padres en Español
- Disponible ahora: Grupo de Apoyo en Español (Gratis) | Ver Folleto | Inscribirse en Línea
- Disponible ahora: Todo Sobre ABA (Gratis) | Ver Folleto | Inscribirse en Línea
- Disponible ahora: Taller de Transición a la Edad Adulta para Familias (Gratis) | Ver Foleto | Inscribirse en Línea
- Disponible ahora: Clase GRATIS para Apoyo de Familias en los Primeros Años | Ver Folleto | Inscribirse en Línea
- Disponible ahora: Clase GRATIS Serie de Empoderamiento de Padres | Ver Folleto | Inscribirse en Línea
- Disponible ahora: Conferencia de Autismo en Español | Ver Folleto | Inscribirse en Línea
Pre-recorded Workshops (Access at Anytime)
- Available Now: Special Education Basics | View Flyer | Enroll Online
- Seminario Web de Zoom Autismo 101 | Ver Folleto | Inscribirse en Línea
- Próxiamente: Una Guía Para las Familias Después de un Diagnóstico
- Próxiamente: Comprender los comportamiento problemáticos
- Disponible ahora: Resiliencia y recursos familiar
- Autism 101 Extended Workshop Series | View Flyer | Enroll Online
(in collaboration with the Thompson Autism Center at Children’s Hospital of Orange County)
- Coming Soon: Family Resiliency and Resources
- Available Now: Understanding Problem Behaviors
- Available Now: A Guide for Families after a Diagnosis
- Available Now: Language Development
- Available Now: Special Education Basics
Free Online Videos in Spanish and Vietnamese
With the support of grant-funding through the Department of Developmental Services (DDS), we have developed free online videos in Spanish and Vietnamese that provide information on ASD.
Visit our YouTube page for more information.
We offer a wide range of training opportunities for medical specialists, psychologists, behavioral specialists, and other health care providers. If you are interested in having one of our professionals come and speak at your organization, or to learn more about other ways we can help, please contact our Education and Training Director at 949-267-0444.
- ADOS-2 Trainings
The Center for Autism and Neurodevelopmental Disorders at the University of California of Irvine (UCI) started our ECHO-Autism series on September 4th, 2019 and will continue the series through 2022. This ONE HOUR teleconference webinar is designed to bring the expertise of our HUB team of autism specialists to medical and educational professionals in the community, all without anyone having to leave their office.
For more information and questions, please email CenterTraining1@hs.uci.edu.
- Professional Development and Consultation
We offer Education Consultation with our team and school psychologist and other school-based professionals. We work collaboratively with schools in a number of areas, including helping to enhance their special education services, tips on classroom management, or consultation with an individual student/family.
We also arrange contracts for services for one-time consultation and training’s, or for ongoing consultation on an annual basis. Please contact Jeanne Anne Carriere, PhD, Director of Families and Schools Together at 949-267-0448 if you are interested in any of our training services for educators.
Families, Agencies and Schools Together
The Families, Agencies and Schools Together (F.A.S.T.) program is a partnership between The Center for Autism & Neurodevelopmental Disorders and Chapman University. Our goals are to educate families about the Special Education process, build collaborative and effective family/school relationships, and increase the neurodevelopmental knowledge and skills of school and community based service providers.
Please visit our School Related Resources page for more information. ,
Our center offers scholarships for families in need of financial assistance. Once you have returned the completed Scholarship Request Form, our Training Coordinator will contact you and update you on the status of your request. All requests are to be submitted to the training department no later than one week prior to the date of the program you are requesting financial assistance for.
To find out more about when these classes are offered or to register, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 949-267-0227 (English), or 949-267-0200 (Spanish).